This product review was uptated on October 2019.
Recently, more and more people are engaging in this trend of drinking beverages to “keep fit and energized”, and within this trend we have seen the birth of the so called “green juice”, a type of superfood mix. This whole craze makes people go on google typing key words like “green juice pdf” or “download green juice” in order to download tons of different recipes to prepare this drink that supposedly makes you healthier and happier, giving you energy boost and brain power. The green juice phenomenon has created this idea among people that only by drinking that juice you will lose weight and improve your overall physical and mental well-being.
I did this green juice review after visiting Organifi’s website and also by reading many other green juice reviews for such product. I have noticed that most of the green juice reviews have mixed positions on this superfood mix. From my own assessment, the first impression you get from the website is that this product looks really serious and healthy. The whole product component infographic looks really good however there is not much information about the creation of the mix and not even many data about the creator. And that’s when I start asking myself if this is a good choice. Is there a possibility to have a powder formula of this drink free from additives and that it really works?
But first of all…What is this whole Green Juice thing all about?
Green juice is a combination of different green fruits, veggies and other natural components; all shredded and blended to create the perfect smoothie that will make you keep in shape and energized throughout the day. Pretty cool right?
Drew Canole – the creator of Organifi and CEO of FitLife.tv had taken all this things into consideration to create a product that at first hand, looks convenient and healthy. According to his site he works to improve people’s health and well-being. So, the first thing this product offers is a healthy drink that can be prepared in 30 seconds. This will make you save a lot of time preparing that green smoothie in the morning, right? Secondly, this formula apparently includes a combination of ingredients that are Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, And Vegan. At this point of the research, I was completely thrilled, or confused.
How can I buy it?
Directly from the providers web page (this is the only product they offer) where they give you the different prices per bottle plus shipping (Shipping costs vary from $5 to $15 per order depending on your location) or directly from Amazon (free shipping!). Prices in the website go from one bottle to the four bottle package, even though you can´t actually buy one single bottle if you are not subscribe to the authorship program. The program will give you access to a monthly package of this miraculous detox formula. The prices according to organifi.com go from one bottle at $47.95, two bottles at 129.95 and three bottles at 149.95. This is the price of the product without shipping taxes.
What’s in this Supermix?
If we just take a look at the components very roughly, Organifi is a superfood mix gently blended for you in a magical powder which seems miraculous. The never ending list of ingredients are said to provide you mental clarity, health improvement, stress relief, body detox (people love this term) immunity boost and of course, it will rejuvenate your skin. All this benefits in only one serving size of 9 grams per day, which can be added to your regular meals such as breakfast or lunch. And it tastes really good! Can it get even better?
In the producer’s website, there is not much information about the product components. We can only see them grouped into two main categories – the proprietary formulas- which are called “Alkaline Greens Blend” and “Super Food Blend”. Instead of making things clear, this just looks like a green juice pdf copied from a random source. This is the list of what –according to the proprietary formula- these blends contain, first of all, the word “organic” attached to all its ingredients which are: wheat grass and wheat grass juice powder, Moringa, spirulina, chlorella, matcha green tea, coconut water powder, ashwagandha, red beet, turmeric. It also contains, rice bran soluble, lemon powder and natural flavors. All green, all healthy, all organic “powders”
Organic powders. This doesn’t let us know much about what we are consuming. Let’s see the ingredients in depth:
- Wheatgrass: detox component, not appropriate for people who are reactive to wheat.
- Moringa: strengthens the cell walls, and it contains amino acids that prevent hear diseases and diabetes. Perfect! But on the right doses. (6 grams a day- 3 weeks minimum) The bad thing is that Organifi producer doesn’t provide that much information about the dose.
- Spirulina: A green algae which has lots of protein and calcium, so it is a great source of energy. But again, each person is different and doses may vary according to body type, age, objectives and physical activity.
- Chlorella: Other green algae, yay! It is rich in vegetable fats and protein. Isn’t that awesome? Maybe this is great for people who are not prone to allergies or breathing related diseases; or when you are not pregnant or in the breast feeding period. On top of that, chlorella is said to activate even more your immune system which may result in autoimmune diseases.
- Matcha Green Tea: One of my favs: antioxidant, stress and appetite blocker. But, again, be careful because it may lead to anemia and serious caffeine toxicity.
- Ashwagandha: Difficult to pronounce, I know. Healthy tip: don’t try this if you suffer from low pressure.
- Beets: Great source of minerals and it is known at reducing heart disease. But, if you have kidney dysfunction, inappropriate amounts of it may worsen your situation.
- Turmeric: anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, apparently efficient in treating osteoarthritis. Beware if you suffer from diabetes or stomach problems.
- Mint: More greens! But with good flavor and apparently, no side effects and great medicine if you are experiencing a headache.
- Lemon: The safest ingredient from the whole pack. They say that this has appetite control benefits, but again, not 100% sure.
Does it really work?
When I finished reading several Organifi green juice reviews and doing some research on the components I asked myself the same question than at the beginning of this green juice review: Is there a possibility to have a powder formula of green juice free of additives and that it really works? All in all, this fantastic formula seems to be a great deal. All this organic and healthy ingredients combined in one superfood mix with 30 servings per bottle. This gives you the opportunity to have all you need for a month without all the fuss of going to the store to get your veggies and wasting time blending them.
But does this really work or Organifi green juice is a scam? Well, I guess that before you take any dietary supplements consulting a doctor is mandatory. Maybe taking up a green juice program as an addition to a good meal plan and regular exercise may do for you. In my humble opinion, your health can only be improved with less processed meals and more whole foods in appropriate amounts. It doesn’t take that much time to buy your own fresh ingredients and make a green juice download with easy recipes that won’t take you more than five minutes.
There is much debate rolling around the idea that dehydrated powders may have such properties. Remember that in the drying process many essential nutrients may be lost. It is much better to prepare your own green juice free of food additives and with the right amount of ingredients according to your own requirements. Maybe it is even cheaper and safer than buying this monthly powdered mix of components in who knows how much amounts. I sincerely hope that this green juice review has given you a clearer picture of detox dietary supplements. And a final word: For your health’s sake, please don’t ever trust products that don’t give you specific information.